Frequently Asked Questions
What are your office hours?
Our hours are Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturdays from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Can I schedule an appointment?
Please call our office at (803) 599-3553 to schedule a viewing with one of our friendly leasing agents!
What are your application requirements to qualify?
Next Chapter Management requires that your gross monthly income equal three times the monthly rent rate. We also run a credit and criminal background check.
Do you accept housing vouchers?
Next Chapter Management neighborhoods are not a Voucher Program participants. Unfortunately, we do not accept housing vouchers.
Can I have a co-signer apply with me?
We do not accept co-signers, however, there is a parental guarantee offered for full-time students. To qualify for this, you must provide proof that you are in college full-time and there is a fee of $25 charged to run the parent's’ credit and income to approve the application.
What fees are involved in the application process?
Sweetwater Commons charges a $50 application fee, a $200 refundable security deposit and a $100 administrative fee. These fees need to be paid at the time an application is submitted in order for processing to begin and to reserve the apartment in your name. A higher deposit may be required after the application is processed, but this is a case-by-case situation based off of credit history.
Do you allow pets? What are your pet policies?
- Our Community is pet-friendly.
- We require a one-time non-refundable fee of $350 for one pet or $450 for two pets.
- There are a few restricted breeds that we cannot allow due to insurance reasons. They are as follows:
- Great Dane
- Pit Bull
- American Staffordshire Terrier
- Bull Terrier
- Siberian Husky
- Alaskan Malamute
- German Shepherd
- Mastiff (Cane Corso)
- Wolf Hybrid / Mix
- Pets cannot weigh more than 65 pounds at full growth.
How soon will I know if you have something available?
Our residents are required to provide a minimum 60-day notice to vacate, so our availability typically reflects around those notices.
What bills am I responsible for?
Sweetwater Commons provides maintenance and routine pest control. Residents are responsible for power (electricity through SCE&G), water/trash (Water service is provided through North Augusta city, www.northaugusta.net), and any other optional utilities such as cable/internet.
Do you offer short term leases?
We do offer short term leases. All prices listed reflect a 12-month lease. Additional fees apply to shorter terms as listed below:
- 3-5 month: additional $100 monthly
- 6-8 month: additional $50 monthly
- 9-11 month: additional $30 monthly
- MTM available at renewal: additional $150 monthly
I need to move but my lease has not expired yet. What is the process and what are the potential fees?
- If you are breaking your lease, we need a minimum notice of 60 days to vacate. This form can be obtained in the leasing office. You must pay a pro-rated amount of rent through the 60 days as well as pay a termination fee equal to one month’s rent. Early termination of a lease will result in the security deposit being forfeited. Further details are covered on the vacate notice.
- If you have received military orders to move over 50 miles away from the area we require a 30 day notice to vacate and no termination fees will apply. This is for military transfers ONLY.
How do I report a maintenance issue?
Please contact our office with any maintenance concerns that are in need of attention, or submit a maintenance request through the online resident portal, which can be found on the Residents page. We will promptly notify our maintenance staff to address your request.
How do I pay rent?
You can to drop a check/money order by our office, in our leasing office dropbox, or conveniently pay your rent online.
When is rent due?
Rent is due between the 1st and the 5th of every month. After the 5th, there is a 10% late fee assessed.